- Do beginners need LP to practice in car driving?
- What is the minimum age for LP?
- What is the state fee for LP?
- When does LP expire?
- Can a LP be renewed?
- Who must be in front seat beside a driver with a LP?
- What is the minimum age for a Driver’s License?
- What is the state fee for a Driver’s License?
- When does a Driver’s License expire?
- What type of Driver’s License does our grad under 18 get?
- How do we set up a Road Test for Lesson x Lesson students?
- How do we set up RT for teen course students?
- Is an appointment with the DMV required to take the RT?
- Is an appointment required to take the RT with us?
15 years to 18 years old, 14 months from issue date; if over 18 years old, 60 days from issue date
Yes, within 30 days of expiration date (may be renewed 1 time, then test must be retaken)
Licensed driver 21 years or older
Age 16 with 30 hours parent supervised driving
On birthday 5 years from issue year
Ages 16-18, junior operators (May lose license until age 18 for 2 moving violations)
Instructor must authorize, fee is $150.00 including tax for 3 hrs test prep and test at DMV. May increase in price if longer than 3 hrs.
Same as LxL, instructor must authorize, fee is $150.00 including tax for 3 hrs test prep and test at DMV. May increase in price if longer than 3 hrs.
- Is a contract required?
- How many people can each class hold?
- What is included in a basic teen course?
- What is included in the extended teen course?
- What is the price of additional teen lessons?
- Do we pick up the teen students for their driving lessons?
- Do we offer a point reduction class?
- What is the cost of BW lesson by lesson?
- Do we offer pick up for lesson by lesson?
- What is the fee for Student no show - SNS?
- What do we teach?
30 hrs classroom, 6 hrs BW (three 2 hour lessons)
30 hrs classroom, 8 hrs BW (four 2 hr lessons)
$50.00 per hour based on 2-hour lessons – plus tax
Yes, but only at schools within our training area, (see list of pre-approved schools), get approval first
$100 (plus tax) each for 2-hour lessons meeting at our training location or 1-½ hours if we pick up within Charleston city limits
Yes, within a limited area – additional cost for outside this area. Our instructor can call to define. And a 2 hr lesson becomes 1 ½ hr
We follow a Student Instruction Outline, which helps the teacher to tailor the training to the individual student. It covers everything from basic car control to advanced defensive driving skills and road test maneuvers
- Refund Policy
- Is there a discount for 2 or more teens from the same family?
- Do we train on a stick shift?
- Can we train in the student’s vehicle?
- Do we have a female instructor?
- Can we teach someone who doesn’t speak English?
- Can we teach the hearing impaired?
- Do we teach driver’s ed for motorcycles?
- Do we train for the CDL?
- Do we offer a senior citizen discount?
- What is the cancellation policy?
$50 Registration fee is non-refundable. All other refunds are at manager's discretion for issues within our control. Credit card refunds will be applied to the card which was charged. No cash refunds for credit card purchases.
Yes, we give the BAF discount off the 2nd student’s tuition; registration fee is still the same
No, we don’t have a standard transmission vehicle. We find it is easier for new drivers to learn on an automatic transmission.
No, we teach only in our dual controlled vehicles.
Not at this time, however, all our instructors pass extensive background checks before hire. Tom McCoy has been with us for 14 years
Yes, we have done that with or without an interpreter going along.
Yes, we can teach using lip reading and hand gestures. We don’t have anyone who signs for the deaf.
No, but because of our over 50 years of experience and the advanced level of training our instructors receive, we will be able to give seniors the training they need to learn successfully.
Student must cancel before close of business on the previous business day to avoid the $50 late cancellation fee. In extreme cases a manager may waive fee.